Tuesday Tunes

Welcome to another edition of Tuesday Tunes.  Be sure to check out my wife's blog for her rendition of the weekly post.  She has a very good song on today; it's worth listening to.

To be honest, I've had other things on my mind this week, and totally forgot about Tuesday Tunes until I read Katie's post this morning.  I haven't had a shortage of music that I've been listening to this week though.  In fact, apart from one movie and one television show, I was listening to music just about all day yesterday.  *For a quick side bar, check out Pandora Radio and Lala.com for all your online music needs.  Two different types of sites, but both worth your time.*

I listen to a wide range of music.  Just to give you an idea, here are the channels that I have on Pandora Radio: Alison Krauss, Gregorian Chant, Howard Shore (composer of the Lord of the Rings soundtrack), Red (alternative Christian rock), Flight of the Conchords, and Linkin Park.  About the only thing you won't see is hardcore rap and scream-o.

This week is a song that I think about quite often.  It's called "Living Prayer" by Alison Krauss.  She has to have one of the clearest, most beautiful voices in the music industry.  I can sit and listen to her music for hours on end.  I hope, as I challenge my congregations to grow closer to God, that I am also being challenged to grow on a daily basis.  This song captures the desire to chase after God.  I probably listen to it at least 4 times a week.  I think this is what we should all strive after - being a living prayer for the sake of the Lord.




In this world I walk alone
With no place to call my home
But there's one who holds my hand
The rugged road through barren lands
The way is dark, the road is steep
But He's become my eyes to see
The strength to climb, my griefs to bear
The Savior lives inside me there

In Your love I find release
A haven from my unbelief
Take my life and let me be
A living prayer, my God to Thee

In these trials of life I find
Another voice inside my mind
He comforts me and bids me live
Inside the love the Father gives

In Your love I find release
A haven from my unbelief
Take my life and let me be
A living prayer, my God to Thee

Take my life and let me be
A living prayer, my God to Thee

0 comments: