Tuesday Tunes

My lovely espousa (that's "wife" for the non-Spanish speaking crowd; click the link, it's her page) started a new feature on her blog, and I think I'm going to go along with her on this one.  If y'all are doing it too, link back to her, and we can start a blog-olution, soon the entire world will be within our grasp....  Okay, a bit much, I realize it.

Anyhoo!  I'm going to post a song and/or lyrics and talk a little bit about it.  This could be fun. I might try my own little twist on it (isn't that what they tell you to do on Top Chef.... oh wait, did I just admit to watching Top Chef?) by setting my iTunes on shuffle and picking a totally random song.  Eh, we'll see...  

Today's song is: The Flame in All of Us by Thousand Foot Krutch



This world has taken me by storm, it makes me feel like running, 
this place is making me transform until i feel like nothing. 
It's the strength in you and me... that surrounds everything, 
The way you look out for me, The way you burn.

It's the flame, in all of us, 
the same, that makes us feel this, 
flame, in all of us, 
the same, that makes us feel it.

We are the youth, of yesterday, we've brought you pain and sorrow, 
that's what they say, but they paved the way we are the new tomorrow, 
it's the strength in you and me... that surrounds everything, 
the way you look out for me, the way you burn.

It's the flame, in all of us, the same, that makes us feel this, 
flame, in all of us, the same, that makes us, 
it's the flame, in all of us, the same, that makes us feel this, 
flame, in all of us, the same, that makes us feel it

It's the flame in all of us that makes the change in all of us, 
that takes the blame in all of us, and still keeps it alive.

It's the flame in all of us that makes the change in all of us,
that takes the blame in all of us, and still keeps it alive.

I'm not much when it comes to interpreting lyrics.  I think, especially when it comes to song lyrics, that the interpreter brings a lot of the interpretation with him/her.  Regardless, when I read these lyrics, I hear the cry of today's youth.  It is a generation that the world has taken by storm, and all too often feels like it is getting passed over simply because they are young.  But it points out that there is something within each one of us, the flame (which symbolizes the Holy Spirit to this interpreter) burns within all of us and sustains us.

That's my take.  What do you think?

0 comments: