Cranial De-evolution

I've had a beard for about a month now.  Katie, my wife, was telling me that it was looking scraggly, and that I needed to trim it.  Well, the weather has gotten a little nicer, so I decided that maybe it was time to shave it all off, and go back to more more traditional shaved head/goatee look.  But, in the process, I thought I'd have a little fun...

I didn't think about taking a "before" picture, sadly.  So, you'll just have to imagine me with a full head of hair and a beard to begin with.  Go ahead... I'll wait....

Okay, so cranial de-evolution begins with the ever popular "Mr. T" look.  I will say that it's not a true Mr. T because the mohawk is supposed to attached to the bottom of the back of the head; however, I messed it up and just had to do the best I could with it.

















Okay, sorry about the mean face there.  Mr. T has some anger issues, especially in Rocky III, and as an elite and important member of the A-Team.  The next stage is what I will call the Rock-a-billy stage.  It is, of course, the type that you will often see at Kid Rock or Lynard Skynard concerts.  Sadly, I cannot emulate the complete baldness on the top of my head for this picture, nor do I have the all out mullet on the back side of my head, but you can use your imagination again.

















The third stage of cranial de-evolution is the inexplicable side-burn.  The name makes it rather self-explanatory.  These are side burns that really make no sense whatsoever.
















You can see a significant mass of hair starting to collect on my shoulder there.  Don't worry, it is not part of a hair relocation program, nor is it the actual appearance of an inordinate amount of back hair.  It's just the clippings, and I can assure you that they are no longer there.


Finally, we have reached the end of our journey on cranial de-evolution.  The final product of cranial de-evolution is a significantly less hairy head, as seen below.  Thank you for joining me on this journey of cranial de-evolution.


0 comments: