Book Tour Preview

Next Generation Leader is a book that I'm reading right now.  It is the first of seven books that I'm going to try to finish by the end of the month.  I think it's doable, but a couple of these books are kind of long, so we'll see.  Andy Stanley authored this book.  If you've never read anything by him, I strongly suggest it.  I read 7 Practices of Effective Ministry in about 3 days; it was that good.

Anyway, after I'm done with the books, I'm going to share a few of the insights.  And while I'm not done with Next Generation Leader just yet, I did come across something that really stuck out to me this evening.

"Next generation leaders are those who would rather challenge what needs to change and pay the price than remain silent and die on the inside" (p. 51).  In all honesty, I think I've been on both sides of the coin on this one.  I have remained silent before, and came very close to dying in the inside.  It was difficult and absolutely no fun.  While change is difficult to achieve, I'd rather fail trying to do what I know is right than succeed in doing nothing.

For those who are members of my congregations, let's not let this morning's message fall on deaf ears.  Let's bring to fruition the challenge to be a church that is truly following after God.  For those that aren't, or didn't hear the message, it'll be posted sometime tomorrow.  Think about it some and allow those words to speak into your situation as well.

0 comments: