Tuesday Tunes

This week's edition of Tuesday Tunes (kudos to mi espousa for the idea) is a reflection of the current state of the fridge in our garage.  It has been Mt. Dew-less for about two weeks now, which, if it weren't for The Bus Stop, The Chatterbox and the gas station, means I have been basically Mt. Dew-less for quite some time.  It's a sad, sad state to be in.








Director: 
Well hello everybody 
Welcome to MDA, that's Mountain Dew Anonymous 
For those that have abuse problems with Mountain Dew 
We have a new member today, his name's KJ-52 
KJ introduce yourself 
KJ-52: 
My name is KJ-52 and I'm addicted to Mountain Dew 
Director: 
Tell the people a little about what happened 

KJ-52 
What am I gonna do, I'm addicted to Mountain Dew 
When I drink just one or two 
People say "Boy what's wrong with you man" 
Start acting like a fool, from all the caffeine and sugar too 
I'm feeling like I ain't got a clue 
And this is what I'm gonna say to you 

CHORUS: 
Uhh...Gimme that Mountain Dew 
Uhh...Gimme that Mountain Dew 
Uhh...Gimme that Mountain Dew 
I ain't playing with you better gimme that Mountain Dew 

Director: 
Well, KJ I know that must be tough to talk about, 
But part of recovery is talking about it starts 
Explain how this started 

KJ-52: 
I started when i was on tour 
I had to stay awake so I went to the store 
Loaded up and I bought like four, I just kept drinking more and more 
When all of a sudden something happened to me 
Just for some reason I couldn't fall asleep 
mabe it was all the sugar and the caffeine 
Not sure but I started to scream... 

CHORUS (2x)

Director: 
Well, KJ I know that was painful to talk about 
But you CAN overcome this addiction 
You just have to admit that you have a problem. 

KJ-52: 
I got a problem I jsut can't help it 
Somebody help I think I'm addicted 
Cause every day i just got to have it 
I can't help it, it's just a habit 
I got a problem, I get it 
I'm an addict, I'll admit it 
And I promise I'm gonna quit it 
Hey that mountain Dew over there, anybody gonna finish it...? 

Director: 
KJ, you need to put the Mountain Dew down. 
KJ, back away from the Mountain Dew 
KJ-52 BACK AWAY FROM THE MOUNTAIN DEW 
NOW MAN, I AIN'T PLAYING WITH YOU! 

CHORUS 
(Arguing in the background) 

KJ-52: 
Sorry, I don't know what came over me 
Director: 
Sorry 
KJ-52: 
You didn't have to hit me

0 comments: