Tuesday Tunes... on a Wednesday

Yesterday was a little crazy, so I didn't get out my weekly Tuesday Tunes post, and I haven't had much of a chance to get to it today... until now.

As I was finishing up Sunday's sermon, it seemed only appropriate to use this classic as the song for the week.  It's Steven Curtis Chapman's Live Out Loud.

If you want to know why I chose this song, I guess you'll just have to show up on Sunday morning.  Veedersburg worship is at 9:15, Hillsboro at 10:45.

Unfortunately, the YouTube video has disabled the embedding of the video, except for crappy live versions recorded on somebody's phone; so you'll have to click here to see the video.

Imagine this 

I get a phone call from Regis - 
he says "Do you want to be a millionaire?" 
They put me on a show and I win
with two lifelines to spare

Picture this 
I act like nothing ever happened 
and bury all the money in a coffee can 
Well, I've been given more than Regis ever gave away 
I was a dead man who was called to come out of my grave 
I think it's time for makin' some noise

CHORUS:
Wake the neighbors 
Get the word out 
Come on, crank up the music, climb a mountain and shout 
This is life we've been given, made to be lived out 
So, la, la, la, la, live out loud

Think about this 
Try to keep a bird from singing after
it's soared up in the sky 
Give the sun a cloudless day and tell
it not to shine

Think about this 
If we really have been given the gift
of life that will never end 
And if we have been filled with living
hope, we're gonna overflow 
And if God's love is burning in our
hearts, we're gonna glow 
There's just no way to keep it in

CHORUS

So, la, la, la, la, live out loud 
Live out loud 
Everybody 
La, la, la...la, la, la...la, la, la, live out loud 
I wanna hear everybody 
La, la, la...la, la, la...la, la, la, live out loud

Every corner of creation is a living declaration 
Come join the song we were made to sing

CHORUS

0 comments: