Big Day

Well, today was interesting.  Woke up, caught up on some Tivo, finished a sermon, set up our new XM radio, went to a Donkey Basketball game and closed it out with a Frosty.

I'm slowly moving into the 21st century, and why do I say that?  Two reasons (and one sub-discussion):

1) In the past 6 months, I've hooked up a Tivo, bought an iPod, a Blackberry, started blogging on a regular basis (only 15 posts shy of last year's total), signed up for Twitter, got a DS for my birthday, and now I have moved into the world of satellite radio.

1a) "Why satellite radio?" I imagine you saying.  Well, quite frankly, I was tired of having to scan through faint radio stations coming in from five different cities (Champaign, Danville, Terre Haute, Lafayette and Indianapolis), and not really finding a whole lot that I actually wanted to hear.  I have a long road trip coming up in July (Katie is flying to the ATL for a work trip, and then I'm going to meet her there and drive to Savannah for our anniversary trip).  It was on the clearance shelf at Target (only $35!), and finally, perhaps the most compelling reason: 15 channels of nothing but baseball; one major channel, and play-by-play channels.

2) I did live-Tweets from a Donkey Basketball game.  At first, it was a bit excessive, but, hey, it was my first shot at live-Tweeting an event.  It's a learning experience, but the first one is out of the way.

Exciting times, my friends.  Exciting times...

0 comments: