A Good Day

I know I've been baseball heavy on here lately.  I'm not really going to apologize though.  I love baseball.  It fascinates me.  It has such a rich history.  Most of the time, I focus on the Cardinals simply because I am a huge Cardinal fan.  However, I was listening to XM radio on my way home this afternoon and heard about an incredible game that took place in Milwaukee today.

In the Brewers/Pirates game today, Milwaukee's pitcher, Yovani Gallardo had the game of a lifetime.  He pitched 8 strong innings, taking a no-hitter into the 6th inning, and only allowing 2 hits total to go alongside one walk.  He also struck out 11 in the 1-0 win.  However, that is not all.  

That one run that was scored in the entire game... yeah, you guessed it, Gallardo.  He homered in the 7th inning to give himself the 1-0 lead.  Oh, and with that HR, his 4th career homer, Gallardo became the all-time HR leader for the Milwaukee Brewers' pitchers.  Not bad.  Not bad at all...

0 comments: