Wading Through the Muck

I'm in the process of reviewing our Sunday school materials right now, and I've come to a grim realization. There is a lot of crap for curriculum out there right now. It's like people believe things need to be flashy and bright in order to appeal to Jr. High students (or even Sr. High students in some cases). I don't ask for much - just give me some straightforward material that engages students and draws them closer to Jesus.

I mean, really, if I can't figure my way through the Teacher's guide (and I have a Masters degree's worth of theological training under my belt) then there are some major issues with your materials. If I have to get $5000 dollars worth of artsy materials, forget it. I know that people learn in different ways, but really, I don't need to bring sixteen items to my Sunday school class to learn about Scripture.

Okay, I think that's enough venting for now. Back to work...

0 comments: