The Paradox of Exhaustion

I'm tired. I'm always tired. I feel like I'm going, and going, and going, but I'm not the Energizer bunny. Katie and I got back about noon thirty yesterday afternoon from taking our youth group to Spirit Song. We also had some great adult leaders join us on this trip, and a relatively small group of youth this year - only 9 ended up going.

For those that don't know, Spirit Song is a Christian music festival at Kings Island. Now, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. I'm an introvert. Don't confuse that with being shy. I am shy at times, but I need to have some alone time on a pretty frequent basis. So imagine me being surrounded by people from 9am on Thursday morning until 12:30pm on Sunday afternoon - I'll save you the math, it's 72.5 hours straight of being surrounded by people. For somebody that needs to recharge on a semi-daily basis, that is a long, long time.

To top it off, at last count, I had something like 437 blisters on my feet. I wear tennis shoes all the time. What I don't do all the time is walk on blacktop. Eventually, the adjustments that I had to make for the blisters on my feet caused my left ankle to start hurting, thus causing another adjustment, which has led to a severly sore calf muscle. That's right, my dogs are barkin' and my calves are mooin'. Then I decided (two months ago) that it would be a good idea to take the youth group to the movies at 4:35pm on Sunday afternoon - big mistake. Good movie, but I could have gone to bed at 6 o'clock last night, and have been just fine getting up this morning.

Now I'm at a point where I'm so tired that I can't take a nap. Of course, the irony is that I need to take a nap in order to be refreshed for the four meetings that I have in the next couple of hours. However, I also need to get some final things ready before these meetings. Yet, here I am, so tired that my mind won't focus, but running out of time to get things ready so I have to focus. Maybe by blogging just a little my mind will regain its focus, or maybe the randomness of it all will have me running in circles over the issue. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

By the way, the meatball Hot Pockets and Mountain Dew - amazing...

Why don't we abbreviate Mountain Dew to Mount Dew, or even Mt. Dew? I guess that gives a different impression, though I am wondering why the dew of a mountain is so citrus-y, when as far as I know, citrus fruits do not grow on mountains.

That is all.

0 comments: