A Day Off?

I haven't had one of those in a few weeks, but today, Katie and I both have the day off, and we are going to take full advantage of it. "So," I hear you thinking, "what does a pastor do on his day off?" Well, I'm glad you asked! Here's the lowdown.

I slept in until about 7:30am this morning. It was a struggle to stay in bed that late, but I finally stopped fighting it and decided to get on the computer and made my morning rounds.

First, I checked my email - very important to clear out those 20 messages of spam every morning... otherwise, you end up with 185 spam messages, just like I did when we got back home from our mission trip to Texas.

Next I got on Facebook - after all, I'm an important person, and people want to be my friend. Not to mention that I have 3 applications to decline this morning. I don't really like the Facebook applications all that much. They tend to clutter up my profile.

While I was on Facebook, I decided to pull up Peggle Deluxe 1.01. It's an exciting game. Kinda like pinball in some sense. It's addicting, and I'm already an uber-grand-master-champion-of-the-world, but I still play.

Next, I check out my Bloglines. It's a blog reader that helps to organize all of the blogs that I read semi-frequently into one easy window. I usually have quite a few blogs to read in the morning; only about 6 today.

In a few minutes, I think I'll go wake up Katie. Maybe I'll make breakfast, then wake up Katie. I don't know; haven't decided yet. In about an hour, we're going to go see The Dark Knight. Yes, at 10am, we are going to go to the movie theater. We thought about seeing it on the IMAX, but then decided that it would be best to save the extra $5.25/person and see it on a regular screen instead. I'm pumped about this movie. I've been waiting to see it since the closing scene of Batman Begins.

After we return from the movie, we're going to clean the house. We have some old friends coming to visit with us on Wednesday. We haven't seen them in probably 6 years - since the day after our wedding. They live in Michigan, and they're headed down to Texas to pick up their kids, who have been staying with the grandparents this summer.

At some point, I believe we're also heading down to the southside of Indy to visit with my family for a while. My sister is having a baby, and I guess Katie is going to go with her to register. Not too sure what I'll be doing, but I'm sure it'll be fun.

Okay, I've apparently spent so much time writing, that I'm down to the final ticks before it's time to get ready for the movie.

That is all.

0 comments: