100 Things, Part 4

#'s 61-80

61. I played raquetball when I was in seminary, and absolutely loved it.  I haven't played since I moved away from Wilmore.

62. I was a three time champion at intramural softball in seminary.  I was also on two teams that lost in the championship game, and on two teams that combined for 1 win over the course of two semesters.  I was out of town on the night that we won.

63. I love playing softball.  I don't hit for power, but I would guess that my batting average was around .700 for 8 semesters of intramural softball.

64. I have more books than I could reasonablly read in two years.  Yet, I still buy more and try to read them.

65. I have a case of ADD when it comes to reading books.  I tend to be reading 2-4 books at a time, and it is a miracle if I ever actually finish one of them.

66. Probably the most enjoyable part of being a pastor is noticing that people are actually paying attention when I preach.

67. I'm still in a bit of a honeymoon phase with my new churches.  I'm wondering what it will be that finally makes somebody mad at me.

68. I'm re-booting an afterschool homework help program with other churches in the community.  I'm wondering if any students will actually show up on the first week.

69. I've sent an email from my Blackberry while sitting in front of my computer.

70. I tend to pile things up.  Eventually I go through them and sort them, but the pile always comes back.

71. My wife and I have put together a debt repayment plan that should pay off all our debt, vehicles and student loans within six years.

72. People say that economy is slow, but I haven't really seen any effects from it in my personal life.  But then again, our first year of marriage, my wife and I brought home about $1000/month if we were lucky.  I'm used to living on the verge.

73.  I like to toast bagels and use them for bologna and cheese sandwiches.

74. We bought a Wii about a year ago.  It's so much more fun than my Super Nintendo.

75. I have recently purchased LEGO Star Wars, Call of Duty: World at War, and the Nerf game for the Wii.  I haven't touched the Nerf game yet, but it was marked down from $60 to $40 dollars.

76. My wife and I give ourselves an allowance each week.  It has helped taper some of our unnecessary spending.

77. I have unlocked the Prestige Level on Call of Duty multiplayer online.  I spent the last month getting ranked up to #65 only to start all over again with the Prestige Level, but I'm having so much fun!

78. When we lived in Noblesville, we didn't even have a landline.  A year before that, I had never owned a cell phone.

79. I almost froze to death trying to make it home for Christmas one year.  Our car kept getting stuck in snow banks, so I was pushing it out for about 5 hours.  Then, when we finally gave up, we got a hotel room that was being renovated and didn't have running water.  My entire body was red and shivering when we finally got into the room at 2am.

80. Seymour, IN will always have a poor place in my heart because of that trip.  We were stuck in Seymour with 30 inches of snow.

0 comments: