100 Things, Part 1

In August of last year, my wife did a series of postings on her blog a while back called "100 Things."  And, given the unexplanable popularity of the "25 Things" post on Facebook right now, I got to thinking about what would be on my 100 things list.  So, for your napping pleasure, and in no particular order...

1. I have been married to my lovely wife for 6 and 1/2 years now.  Each day is still exciting.

2. We don't have any kids right now, but our cats make decent substitutes for the time being.

3. I spent about 20 years in school from Kindergarten to Masters of Divinity.

4. The best time I ever had in school was at Asbury Theological Seminary.

5. The worst time I ever had in school was during college.

6. I started in ministry as an associate pastor near Indianapolis.

7. I found out at my first appointment that seminary doesn't prepare you for everything. 

8. I am the pastor of two churches in west-central Indiana, and love every minute of it.

9. I have an older sister who is married with three kids.

10. I have nieces in 7th grade, 2 years old, and 2 months old; and a nephew in the 4th grade.

11. My college was a Methodist school with a gambler as a mascot - the definition of irony.

12. I have three grandparents who are still living.

13. I was a serious band geek in high school.  I was only 1/4 point away from lettering 4 times in band, which had only been done twice at my school, as far as I know.  

14. If my friend hadn't gotten sick causing us to miss out on an ensemble at contest, I would have received that 4th letter.

15. I was section leader in the drumline for two years.  As a junior, I was picked over a senior, and felt bad about it.

16. Where I live is only 20 minutes away from my favorite state park in Indiana.

17. I have gained about 100 pounds since I graduated high school.  Back then I was too skinny; now I'm out of shape.

18. I don't like to run unless there is a ball in play, yet my wife and I are considering buying a treadmill to help us lose weight.

19. I am a huge St. Louis Cardinals fan.

20. Even though my dorm was right next to the fitness center, I never worked out while I was in college.

0 comments: