Random Baseball Playoff Fact

I was listening to ESPN's morning radio show (Mike & Mike in the Morning) as I was getting dressed this morning, and heard a very interesting fact.

The Phillies and Dodgers are meeting in the National League Championship Series (NLCS) for the fourth time in the history of the franchises (the last time was in 1983).  In each of the previous four occurrences, the winner of the NLCS went on to lose to World Series to a team from the AL East.  Now, granted, the last time they met, there was only the AL East and AL West, but that is a "moo point" as Joey would say... wow, did I just make a Friends reference?

However, both teams that are playing for the right to host the World Series (because the stinkin' NL dropped another All Star game) are from the AL East - the division winning Tampa Bay Rays, and the wild card Boston Red Sox.  It'll be interesting to see if history truly is cyclical...

1 comments:

Katie Kermeen Swisher said...

I was glossing over this sports-related post (as I usually do), when your Friends reference caught my eye. I am so proud of you right now!