Fantasy Football Update, Week 5

Well, going into last night's MNF game, I was only down by 4 points.  This is probably the best position that I have been in since my Week 1 win.  However, there was (as there usually is) a catch.  We each had one player going last night.  Both played for the Vikings - my opponent had Adrian Peterson, running back and (I believe) last year's offensive rookie of the year.  I had Ryan Longwell, the placekicker for the Vikings.  Things didn't look pleasant for me.

However, in a surprising twist on the opening part of my season, Peterson was held to a mere 32 yards rushing, and was kept out of the end zone.  Still, that means my kicker needed 8 points to make me victorious for Week 5, and, like the final minute field goal he kicked to secure the victory for the Vikings, he did.  In fact, he went above and beyond, scoring 14 points on the night to give me a 71-64 victory.

Now the question for next week is: should I play Peyton Manning or Aaron Rogers?  Typically, this would be a no-brainer; however, the Colts are playing the Ravens and the Packers are playing the Seahawks.  Rogers cumulatively has outperformed Manning this season - throwing 250-ish more yards, 4 more TD's and 1 less INT (not to mention he has also rushed for 2 TD's).  Granted, I don't believe Rogers has had an off week yet, but the way that Manning is playing, do you really think he would account for 6 TD's in one week right now.  I might be going with Rogers next week...

0 comments: