Fantasy Football, Week 6 Update

What a week!  I mentioned last week that I was seriously thinking about playing Aaron Rogers over Peyton Manning this week.  Manning has just not been on top of his game so far this year, couple that with a Colts-Ravens and a Packers-Seahawks game, and I definitely went with Rogers this week.  I have to admit, for a while I was thinking that I made the wrong choice.  I was watching the Colts game, and Manning (finally) looked sharp - especially with a 67 (?) yard TD pass to Marvin in the first quarter.  His final line was incredible - 271 yards and 3 TD's, for 22 points.  I was a little worried that I made the wrong choice and that it would come back to bite me, especially when Rogers had 91 yards, 1 rushing TD, and 1 lost fumble at the half.  However, Rogers came back strong to finish with 208 passing yards, 2 TD's, 23 rushing yards and 1 rushing TD, you take out 2 points for the lost fumble, and his total points on the week - 22.

I was forced to make a couple of last minute decisions, and I'm not particularly happy how they turned out, but I had the rest of my team step up in a big way this week.

The highlights:
My receivers were huge this week.
P. Crayton - 84 yards, 1 TD
B. Berrian - 131 yards, 1 TD
M. Harrison - 83 yards, 2 TD's

And Thomas Jones was big-time for the Jets: 78 total yards and 3 TD's

Of course, it doesn't hurt that my opponent had an apparent mental lapse:
He left in a receiver that was on a Bye week, and had one on the bench score 12 points.  He left a RB on the bench that scored 26 points, and he played a TE that was listed as Out for the game.  And he played his 13 point DEF (Arizona against Dallas) instead of his 21 point DEF (Tampa against Carolina).

Bottom line: neither one of us has anybody playing in tonight's game.  I win, 117-62; 3-3 on the season now...

0 comments: