Changing Scenery

I just looked over some of the posts that I have put up in the last few days, and realized that I haven't put anything up about my latest, and biggest news.

As you may or may not know, I am a pastor in the United Methodist church.  I have been serving at Emmanuel UMC in Noblesville, IN since July of 2007.  I received word a couple weeks ago that I was getting a new appointment.  Effective November 1st, I will be the pastor of a two-point charge in the Terre Haute district of the (newly formed) Indiana Conference of the UMC.

The churches are in two small towns (populations of 2200 and 600), and they are two small congregations (30 and 50 in worship on a weekly basis).  I'm very excited about the possibilities that exist in these small towns.  I'm looking forward to the more relaxed pace of living in a small town.  I'm looking forward to leading worship and visiting with people.  I am sad to be leaving behind so many wonderful youth.  I've said on many occasions that this is the best youth group I have ever been around in my life, and I will certainly miss them.  On the other hand, I'm really looking forward to the possibilities that exist in these small towns.  

Right now, the majority of my time is going to be spent planning worship until the end of the year, and closing things out in Noblesville.  It is a busy time, but I know in the end that this is going to be quite an adventure with God at the helm.

2 comments:

Katie Kermeen Swisher said...

jhfjchnhesjfghbcdsdmfcj

-Buster

Katie Kermeen Swisher said...

I wonder if you're looking forward to the possibilities that exist in these small towns?