Movie Tour, DVD-style: Paul Blart Mall Cop

I've been trying to catch up on some of the movies that I missed over the summer, and expanding my reviews to some DVDs as well. I have a couple that will be rolling out over the next few days that I want to review, but first of all, I'd like to start with Kevin James in Paul Blart Mall Cop

Plot Summary
Paul Blart (just say the name, it's funny enough) is an overweight security guard (or officer, there's some debate in the industry, maybe you've heard about it) at a local mall, who ends up getting in way over his head when the mall is taken over by a group of thugs on Black Friday, the busiest day of the year. In spite of what everyone thinks about him, and in spite of how he appears, Paul Blart is not a man to be taken lightly.

Review
I loved this movie for one reason: Kevin James is a master of physical comedy. He is absolutely hilarious throughout the entire movie. There's a lot of feel-good, hokey stuff in the movie, but that didn't bother me too much because Kevin James is awesome. In all fairness, there is a time or two when it seems like the plot severely slows, but you can get past that just to see Kevin James rolling around the floor of the mall.

Recommendation
If you find it in the $5 bin at Wal-Mart, but it. In fact, I'd even say that it's worth buying at $10. It's not a deep movie, it's not a movie that will make you think or stir your emotions, but it will make you laugh.

Best Part
Kevin James. I've said it already, but I'll say it again. He is a modern-day master of physical comedy. He's like Chris Farley without all the screaming. He is, simply put, hilarious, and I'll watch just about anything that he puts out there.

0 comments: