Fantasy Football 2009, Championship Edition

While the Yahoo! League ended in disappointment with a 4th place finish, the ESPN leagues finished up this week with far different results.

Team 1: ESPN League Bricksquad - Veedersburg Killer Wombats
QB - Ben Roethlisberger
RB - A. Peterson, Justin Forsett, B. Westbrook
WR - Austin Collie, Antonio Bryant
TE - John Carlson
D/ST - Bears
K - D. Carpenter

High scorer: Ben Roethlisberger, 19 points
Low scorer: Austin Collie, 1 point
Result: Veedersburg Killer Wombats 67, VA Bengals 76
Overall Result: Veedersburg Killer Wombats 141, VA Bengals 129
Commentary: Champion!!!! I have never won a fantasy football championship before this year, and I've been playing since 2003. I typically come close, but have never pulled it out before!

Team 2: ESPN League Swish's Pals - Hillsboro Rabid Monkeys
QB - Alex Smith
RB - R. Rice, J. Harrison, K. Moreno
WR - R. White, S. Rice
TE - J. Finley
D/ST - 49ers
K - D. Carpenter

High scorer: Sidney Rice, 23 points
Low scorer: Dan Carpenter, 6 points
Result: Hillsboro Rabid Monkeys 128, TBAR Heels 51
Overall Result: Hillsboro Rabid Monkeys 257, TBAR Heels 146
Commentary: That's right, a two-time champion!!!! In all honesty, this was the league I cared about this most this year because it is a league with several of my friends. I really thought I was going to lose this match-up. My friend Tony had the highest scoring team this season, and I really thought that he'd destroy me in this round, as you can see, it was quite the opposite. I almost could've sat my entire team and still pulled out a victory. This is a keeper league, so the fun is just starting. I need to decide which three to keep for next season's shot at a repeat!

And just for fun....

0 comments: