Sometimes, Life Just Sucks

Tuesday, August 11, 2009. A day I don't think I'll ever forget. It's the day that our excitement and dreams were crushed. It's the day that we lost our baby.

I was doing my office hours at Hillsboro, and when I came home, Katie started feeling a cramp in her abdomen. She had been spotting again, but I wasn't too concerned just yet. Then the cramping started. We got in the car and went to St. Clare in Crawfordsville. I think I knew what was going to happen, but I didn't want to admit it to myself. Then it did, and I couldn't stop crying.

I'm sitting at home on Wednesday morning, and I don't know what to say. I'm grateful for all the support that we have received from friends and family. I know that God was with us every step of the way. But, honestly, I feel like crap. Maybe it's because I didn't sleep well last night (you'd think that for as much as the hospital is going to charge us, they'd have better sleeping accomodations!), maybe because it took us four years to get pregnant in the first place... I don't know. I still think about how Katie got to hear the heartbeat in Atlanta a few weeks ago, and my eyes start to tear up because I never did. We were getting ready to start on the nursery...

I know that God is with us, but sometimes, life just sucks...

0 comments: