Top 10 Reasons Why I'm a Nerd...

 I was listening to my Flight of the Conchords station on Pandora this morning, when Weird Al's "White and Nerdy" came across the airwaves.  This song cracks me up, and it got me thinking about some of the ways that I am white and nerdy, and just because I have a few minutes before I head out for a visit, I'm going to share them with you.

1) I actually started thinking about writing this blog while I was taking a shower and listening to Pandora with my computer's speakers at 1/2 volume.  I'm fairly certain my neighbor's could hear it too.

2) I gave serious consideration to buying the new Lord of the Rings computer game... five times... while I was at Target last week.

3) Speaking of which, I want the extended versions of the Lord of the Rings movies, even though I already have the version that was found in the theaters.

4) I saw this clip on HBO, and couldn't stop laughing.  And yes, that makes 3 LotR references in this list... and maybe I should add another one because I just used "LotR" in the middle of a sentence.

5) I actually know what OPS and ERA mean...

6) ...and can figure them out.

7) I actually wrote a blog about how excited I was about a new edition of the ESV being released.  I own it now, leather-bound.  It is the single most exciting book that I have ever owned.

8) I have actually played fantasy baseball and football for 6 seasons now.

9) I laugh endlessly at Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy but I still think the book was funnier than the movie.

10) And, yes, I say things like, "The book was so much better than the movie."

Well, there you have it, 10 "linktastic" reasons why I am a nerd.  I just used "linktastic" in a sentence.  Does that count as #11?

1 comments:

Katie Kermeen Swisher said...

Let's be honest: we could probably do a lot more than 10 reasons here! I love you anyway...which makes me a nerd lover. What's worse? The Nerd or the woman who loves him??? Hmmm...