Fantasy Football Update, Week 13

And the streak continues!  You don't know how bad I want to put a video up of Will Ferrell in Old School right now; probably not the most appropriate thing....

Anyhoo!  Going into tonight's MNF matchup between the Texans and the Jaguars, I have a 113-95 advantage over my opponent, and Kevin Walter going tonight.  All of his players are done for the week, which means I will now be on a 9 game winning streak, and in sole possession of first place, after starting the season 1-3.

I have to admit, I was worried this week.  Now because my opponent has been in first place pretty much all season, but because he had a couple guys with huge games on Thanksgiving.  At the end of the games on Thursday, I was down 64-20 because he had huge games from Romo, Fitzgerald and Bironas.  My 20 points came from a big day for the Tennessee defense, and who was really surprised by that outcome against the Lions?

The primary source of my concern, however, came in the form of the Colts-Browns game.  Now, the Browns have one of the worst secondaries in the league, so I thought that Peyton and Marvin were a lock to play this week.  I also thought that Winslow would fare pretty well against a banged up Colts secondary... and I was TOTALLY wrong.  This was an ugly game.  Not a single offensive touchdown was scored.  Winslow sprained his ankle at the beginning of the second half, and Manning threw consecutive interceptions at the close of the first half and the opening of the second half.  I am glad that they didn't charge him with a fumble when he lost the ball on a goal line sneak.  I'm still not sure what that rule was all about, but it didn't cost me (or the Colts) so I'm not complaining.  In the three players that I had going in that game, they came away with a combined, COMBINED, 6 points.  Manning's 125 yards and 2 INT's were good for half of that total.

Meanwhile, I decided to sit Aaron Rogers, who threw for nearly 300 yards and 3 TD's and scored a total of 26 points.  Do you see why I was worried?

Of course, then again, I was not as worried as I could be because my RB's are absolute studs.  Jones ran for 138 yards (and had an additional 21 receiving) to go with his 2 TD's against the Broncos for a solid 27 points, and he was the lower of the two for the day.  My other RB - DeAngelo Williams, who only ran for 72 yards (14 receiving yards as well), but scored 4 TD's (all 1 yard runs) for a total of 32 points.  

I was also a little more at ease with Berrian's 99 yard TD catch in the evening game (even though it followed a goal line stand in which my Bears couldn't punch it in on four tries from the 1 yard line).  That play alone was 15 more points, and Berrian ended with 122 yards receiving on the night.  Longwell also had a good night, scoring 10 points from the K position.

One more week and it's off to the fantasy football playoffs.  Typically I have Manning as my QB, and by the end of the season, the Colts are so far ahead in the division that they don't play him all that much.  This year could be different with the Colts in the hunt for a Wild Card spot.  We'll see how that affects things going forward.  Of course, if Rogers is healthy and has a great matchup, he'll probably be the one starting.  We will definitely see.

Oh, and I almost picked up Mark Clayton from Baltimore last week.  What did he do?  164 yards receiving, 1 TD... oh, and a 32 yard TD pass as well.  I think he's going to be on my roster before the day is done.

0 comments: