You Can't Sue Batman...

I subscribe to a blog for ComingSoon.net which focuses primarily on movie news.  I like movies and I find it to be an entertaining blog to read from time to time.  I recently came across a story about a town in Turkey that is suing the director and producer of The Dark Knight Christopher Nolan and Warner Brothers for royalties from the movie, which is closing in on the $1 billion mark.  Apparently there is a town in Turkey named "Batman," and they believe they are entitled to some of the movie royalties because Nolan and Warner Brothers is using their town's name.  Hilarious!

In other news, King Nebuchadnezzar is suing the creators of Babylon 5; Nimrod is suing Brad Pitt and Paramount Pictures for Oscar winner Babel; and Jesus is suing New Line Cinema, Mel Gibson and well-meaning Christians everywhere for The Nativity Story and The Passion of the Christ.  He was quoted as saying, "Come on!  This was totally ripped off of my book, dude!"  For some reason, I always picture Jesus as a surfer now.

To close, I'd like to quote Lucius Fox from the aforementioned movie:
"Let me get this straight.  You think your client, one of the wealthiest and most powerful men in the world is secretly a vigilante who spends his nights beating criminals to a pulp with his bare hands... And now your plan is to blackmail this person?  Good luck."

0 comments: