Tired of Hearing About It...

As you well know, tomorrow, Tuesday is election day, and I have only one thing to say - It's about dang time!  I'm so sick of hearing all the rhetoric, all the pundits, all the commercials and all the crap that goes along with an election.  Honestly, I'm tired of the Facebook groups, the email forwards, the news headlines - just about everything.

I think both candidates would do a fine job.  I think both candidates will also do a terrible job.  I guess that really depends on who you listen to during your morning drive.  This election year has been so overhyped that I just can't stand it.  And talk about mixed messages:

- Obama is a celebrity politician; McCain is GW's clone.
- Obama says that every economic decision the Bush administration has made has been wrong; then says, no less than 3 minutes later he's going to structure small business loans in the same way that they were structured after 9/11... when Bush was President.
- McCain is too old.  Reagan was McCain's age when he was elected into office, and served for two terms.  He won that election in a unbelievable landslide (525 electoral votes to Mondale's 13)
- Palin is too inexperienced.  So is Obama.
- We don't want a totally Democratic controlled government.  There was a totally Republican controlled government not too long ago.

I can't wait until Thursday.  Tuesday is election day; Wednesday is when the results will be all over the place, but Thursday... Thursday is a political Sabbath.

0 comments: