The End Has Come

Well, I received news this morning that the baseball season is officially over.  I knew it was coming, but regardless, it is a sad day.  It makes me wonder where my beloved Redbirds would be without 30 blown saves.  Granted, they did win a handful of those games (about 4, I think), but even if they didn't blow half of those other games, they'd be way ahead in the standings right now.  

For example, let's say they won 4 of those 30 blown saves.  That means that they were 4-26 in those games.  Now, I suppose it might be possible to blow more than one save in a game, but I'm not going to attempt to see how many 2 BS games the Cards had.  Add even just 10 more wins to where they are now, and they are sittin' pretty in the wild card race - a 4 game lead over the current leader, the New York Mets.

Well, hopefully, people will heal this offseason.  This is a pretty formidable lineup and pitching staff if everyone is healthy, which has rarely happened this season.  Six months and counting until spring training...

0 comments: