Big Day Tomorrow

Well, tomorrow is the big day. It is the Fall Kick Off for Emmanuel Student Ministries. I've been thinking about this day for nearly two months now, and the time has finally come. For whatever reason, I decided to check out Ben & Ari's to see what kind of deal we could get for our youth group, and I was utterly blown away by the deal they gave us. We are going to have unlimited mini-golf and a basic BBQ (which is hamburger/hot dog, chips & soda) for only $7/person ($6/person if there are more than 50 people that show up).

I've spent hours and hours thinking through this event. I have a great group of adult volunteers excited and ready to serve. We'll have some awesome prizes, some fun music (both CD and live) and a great opportunity to get people interested in what we've got going on at Emmanuel. I'm really excited, but at the same time, very nervous. I'll be giving a message based on our theme verse for the year, Romans 12:2 - "Do not conform any longer to the patterns of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds..." (In keeping with what I've done on other things, I'll be posting the message on here for your ridicule either Sunday night or Monday morning.) It's going to be a fun time, but most importantly, I hope that it is a successful time. "And how do you define success?" I hear you asking.

Well, I hope that God is truly glorified, and that some youth are interested in what will be going on at Emmanuel this fall. Most importantly, I hope that our youth invite their friends. I don't know how else I could have advertised this event. I've been mentioning it since June at nearly every single youth event, and I have emphasized time and time again about the importance of bringing friends. I'm even having the youth budget pay for the entire thing. I'm not charging our youth a dime to come to this event. I'm not charging their friends a dime, and I'm not charging any of the adult volunteers for this event.

It is truly in God's hands now. I just hope and pray that I've done my due diligence to this point, and now I can stop getting in the way and allow God to work.

0 comments: