Movie Tour: The Other Guys

I know that it has been quite a while since I've had anything besides a sermon up on here.  I was thinking about that today when I looked at my edit list, and realized that I had three... that's right THREE blog posts that I had started and hadn't finished.  So, I'm going to get those up in the next couple of days!  Yippee!!!  I know, I know, you're both thrilled.

First off, let's get back to the Movie Tour!  I haven't seen nearly as many movies this year as I would have liked.  However, a while back, I did manage to pull a double feature, and the first of those movies was The Other Guys with Mark Wahlberg and Will Ferrell.

Plot Summary
The Other Guys is about two cops who people always looked past.  You always see movies about the superstar cops.  Well, this movie isn't about them.  It's about the guys who are... well... the other guys.  Officer Allen Gamble (played by Ferrell) and his partner Terry Hoitz (aka, the Yankee Clipper) follow a few seemingly innocuous leads and track down something much, much larger.  What follows is a gem of chemistry that rivals Tango & Cash.

Review
I thought The Other Guys was pretty funny.  Of course, as is always a risk with any Will Ferrell movie, there are some pretty inappropriate parts, and other parts that make you say, "What in the world just happened?!?"  I thought Wahlberg played a fantastic straight guy, and Ferrell played his usual goofy self.  Throw in Michael Keaton's finest performance since Multiplicity, and you have an idea of just how low my standards are when it comes to movies.

Recommendation
If you don't mind some of the lewdness, I would definitely recommend it.  It made me laugh almost all the way through.  Don't expect much, and you'll be pretty happy with it.

Best Part
In a flashback that helps explain why Terry got busted down to where he was with Allen as his partner, we find out that Terry was working security at Yankee Stadium when a person wouldn't heed his warning to stop walking down a dark tunnel.  He pulled his gun and shot the person in the leg.  The person turned out to be Derek Jeter.  Now maybe it's not right that I enjoy seeing a Yankee get popped in the leg, but... that was funny.

0 comments: