Fantasy Football 2010, Week 1

Well, that was a rough way to start the season.  Let me just say, I pondered replacing Guy A with Guy B all week long, really felt like I should do it, but stuck with the "experts" who had Guy A ranked above Guy B for the week.  Guy B - San Diego rookie Ryan Mathews, not a bad game for a rookie - 75 rushing yards, but he did lose one fumble; total - 5 points. Eh.  Guy A - Matt Forte, who only had 50 rushing yards and also lost a fumble... and then he had 151 receiving yards with 2 TD's.  Yup, I didn't go with my gut, and ended up with an extra 25 points sitting on my bench, which, as you'll see, I could have used.

Starting Lineup for the Hillsboro Rabid Monkeys:
QB - Drew Brees
RB - Ray Rice, Steven Jackson, Ryan Mathews
WR - Johnny Knox, Jabbar Gaffney
TE - Jermichael Finley
K - Sebastian Janikowski
DEF - 49ers

High scorer: Brees, 15
Low scorer: 49ers, -1
Result: Rabid Monkeys 56, Hokie Pokies 72

You guessed it, that 25 point turn-around cost me an 81-72 victory.  That's all right, though. I'm still shooting for 12-2 this season.

And if you've stuck with me this far, here's an update on the other fantasy football leagues I'm doing:

Pigskin Pick 'em - Picked 9 games correctly. All my incorrect picks were visiting teams - that should say something.  I'm not sure what, but something.

Gridiron Challenge - 104 points w/ Matt Forte (go figure) leading the way

Eliminator Challenge - Miami Dolphins won, so I continue to next week.

0 comments: