Movie Tour, DVD-style: Away We Go

And thank you, Netflix. The other night, Katie and I watched Away We Go starring Maya Rudolph and John Krasinski.

Plot Summary
Away We Go is about a couple trying to find a place to call home. Burt and Verona are a couple who are expecting a baby. At six months in the pregnancy, they discover that Burt's parents are going to move to Europe for two years just a month before their baby is born. They see this as an opportunity to move wherever they want, and embark on a journey to find the perfect place to raise their child.

Review
I didn't know what to expect for this movie. Obviously, I love John Krasinski. He is hilarious in just about every role that I have ever seen him in. However, I hadn't heard a lot about this movie, so I was a little hesitant. All in all, I'd have to say that I liked it. There are some language issues throughout, and there is a lot of frank and very open sexual dialog. If that kind of stuff bothers you, then don't watch it. It was interesting to me to see the idea of a road trip movie being taken to a new level. This wasn't your typical road trip. It is more of a cross between a road trip movie and a finding oneself movie. It is done really well. There are a lot of laughs, and a lot of things to think about. The cameos in the movie are also pretty funny.

Recommendation
It is worth seeing if you don't mind the language and sexual dialog. If you don't like that kind of stuff, then I definitely would recommend staying away from it. If you have Netflix, put it in your queue. If not, don't be in a rush to see it, but do pick it up when you come across it.

Best Part
The soundtrack. It is probably the best chill-out soundtrack that I have heard in a long time. It was so good, I looked up the artist (Alexi Murdoch) on Last.fm and created a station. There are also a lot of funny parts courtesy of John Krasinski that had me laughing quite a bit.

0 comments: